[Qgis-developer] Do we need a single select map tool?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 05:37:59 PDT 2014

On 01/07/2014 9:55 pm, "Nathan Woodrow" <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I would like to propose that we remove the single select map tool.
>
> Main reason to remove is its function is redundant as the rectangle
select does a single point select if you don't drag i.e single click.  I
live in rectangle select mode 99% of the time and never have any issues.

> As the rectangle select can already do both actions I don't really see
the need to keep both tools when one would suffice.

-1 from me. No scientific reason why, but it would just seem wrong to me to
always use the rectangular selection tool.

Nyall