[Qgis-developer] Navigation toolbar

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jul 2 01:11:19 PDT 2014

Il 02/07/2014 10:07, Alex Mandel ha scritto:

> I'm fine with simplification of the default toolbars, but the tools
> should exist to be re-added by the user for customization.
>
> Reason: when you have a specific workflow, making a custom toolbar with
> the 5 buttons you need is much faster than digging through menus and
> context menus.
>
> In fact I tend to subscribe to the idea that all sensible functions
> should be available to be added to a toolbar (there may be some
> functions which just don't make any sense on the toolbar)
> Without such customization a user would need to create custom plugins or
> scripts for seemingly simple functions.

Right. This brings back to the idea of having standard profiles the user could select
according to the type of work he is doing, and further customize it.
No arrangement will suit all, so if we start removing a toll we'll make someone
complain, and the only option is to leave everything on, as it is now.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html