[Qgis-developer] Doesn't measure tools/calculations + ellipsoid + OTFR require a rethinking?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:22:07 PDT 2014

Hi Giovanni

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:49 PM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> This topic comes back often, and in various situations I find me in a tight
> spot when coming to explain the intricacies of the relationships between
> these concepts.

I agree it would be good to address this finally.

> Can we try to make the point on this, trying at least to layout a clean
> "intersection matrix" between the various situations?
> The concepts/tools involved in measurements and length/area calculations
> are:
>
>  - OTFR
>  - Project CRS (GRS/PRS)
>  - Measure Ellispoid
>  (- Unit of measure)

Indeed it is important to identify all the possible cases and how they
should be handled. We should probably also rethink how the information
about the current mode of operation will be presented to the user. It
should be easy to understand how changes of some settings affect other
settings.

Regards
Martin