[Qgis-developer] SOSI support in QGIS

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Jul 5 21:36:04 PDT 2014

Am 05.07.2014 23:40, schrieb klausenlie:
> Hi again.
> Some of you have said something about opening sosi-files
> in QGIS. I myselft haven't found any other place than in the
> file explorer, but opening from there i get the error message.
> I have tried to look in the toolbox for gdal but havnet found anything there
> for sosi.

The GDAL mentioned is only available if you use the OSGEO4W Shell icon.
It is a command line application. Typing ogrinfo --formats lists all
available vector data formats. You will find "SOSI" there if it is
correctly installed. The list is not sorted alphabetically.

If SOSI is listed, you can transform the file into other formats using
ogr2ogr.

HTH,
André Jooost