[Qgis-developer] SOSI support in QGIS

Stott, James fmrojst at fylkesmannen.no
Sun Jul 6 04:49:53 PDT 2014

Hi,

Just to double check a couple of things, 1) you need to install the gdal-sosi package using the OSGeo4W installer. 2) You will need to update all packages using the OSGeo4W installer as the changes Jürgen has made seem to have been made today.

If you go into QGIS and select Add Vector Layer from the Layer menu (these instructions assume an English GUI, obviously if you are using the Norwegian translated GUI it will be in Norwegian).
Here you need to make sure Source type is set to File.
Click browse.
In the bottom right hand corner of the open file dialog, you will see a drop down menu.
Here you should find an option for SOSI.
Select a SOSI file and select and click open.
Click Open
A dialog will appear allowing you to select which layers from the SOSI file to open. Choose the ones you want and select OK.
QGIS will load the data.

Hope this helps.

James