[Qgis-developer] Attribute Dialog inactive for new feature; regression from 2.2

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Wed Jul 9 02:15:59 PDT 2014

Hi all,

in a plugin I create a new feature for a vector layer (being in editing
mode) and before adding it to the layer I want the user to input the
attribute data. I use

accepted = iface.openFeatureForm(layer, newFeature)

However the OK button and all input widgets in the dialog are inactive.

The same happens if I add the feature to the layer before calling
openFeatureForm; all is active if I call openFeatureForm with a feature
already in the layer, though.

This is QGIS master on Linux 64 bit

The behaviour is a regression to QGIS 2.2 where all works as expected.

Is this the intended behaviour? If yes is there any work around suitable
for QGIS 2.0+? If no, I will file a ticket.

all the best

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 10068 (20140709) __________

http://www.eset.com