[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] relative raster value color table in QGIS

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jul 14 00:29:04 PDT 2014

Il 12/07/2014 12:56, Otto Dassau ha scritto:

> I would like to create a relative color table for raster data QGIS and
> save them for other layers. Newly defined gradient color ramps end up in a
> color table with fix values when I save it for a map.

Hi Otto,
thanks for raising this question. AFAIK this is not easily done, and it should.
In fact, also the reverse should be done: currently when applying a colour ramp to a
raster, this gets stretched from min-max, which is not always appropriate (e.g. DTM
ramps should be applied as absolute values.
In short, I think we should extend our model for ramps, allowing users to define both
absolute and relative ramps, both when creating and when applying them.
GRASS could be a good guide for this.
Better open tickets on this?
All the best.
--