[Qgis-developer] error starting qgis (built from source)

Daniel Scholten scholten at riseup.net
Mon Jul 21 17:31:36 PDT 2014

Installing python-gdal solved the issue for me.

One could check if the building guide
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html#toc6
should be updated, i.e. python-gdal is added to the build dependencies.
I use Linux Mint so I don't know if it's exactly the same with Ubuntu.

Best wishes
Daniel