[Qgis-developer] Stress about release plans

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 00:14:25 PDT 2014

Hi,
I like to add my opinion just to remeber that QGIS is using many other compoent.
One as example for many : gdal or geos.
But I coud speak equally of spatialite, saga, and so on.

You question are all right.
But speak always of qgis as a unique molotithic software.This is not true.

sometime the problem is not on qgis software , but in other way (gdal,
geos, spatialite, and so on...)

so what happened when the bug is related to geos ?
of to gdal ?

The bug fixer of qgis could only say.

This is not my question.

But for the user that fund the bg fix the problem is a qgis problem.
It has not fund the resolution on gdal or on geos.

So before to fund is necessary to know where is the problem really.
Otherwise the fund is lost.

Or bad-est solution the bug fixer try to copy the code inside the qgis
to bug fixe that copy.

So the bugfix of a software like qgis is absolutely not easy.

develope new feature is surely ore easy rather than fix them.

And the not monolithic approach of qgis is not help the bug fix question.

Regards,

Andrea.