[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Stress about release plans

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Wed Jul 23 01:06:09 PDT 2014

Hi Nathan,

thanks for the offer, but this is not the problem. After feature freeze we
currently do a git log --since=<date> --grep='FEATURE'", that's ok. And Tims
changelog is also very helpful and often already fine as a beginning.

The result is in the wiki: http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/ManualTasks

But this covers not all changes we need to document nor does it usually
describe the usage. We still we have to search the web, so it would be great
to have a simple skeleton with a short description of all functionality of a
feature from the developers, if that is possible.

Maybe we can offer 2 ways. If developers write about features in their blog
and describe how it works, as you do, you could just add the link
somewhere where documenters can look it up. For others a simple
documentation skeleton could be used as a standard.

Whatever we finally use, it would be good to improve the current procedure.

Regards
Otto