[Qgis-developer] Project temp file archive bit.

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jul 23 12:23:15 PDT 2014

Hi G,

On Wed, 23. Jul 2014 at 12:20:56 -0500, G. Garibaldi wrote:
> For some reason a project temp file or a backup file using the extension
> .qgs~ is showing up in my projects directory with QGIS 2.4 Win 7 64 bit.

It's not a temp file. It's backup of version of the project file (or better put
the renamed original).

> The "xcopy *.qgs" command I use for archival purposes is catching the
> .qgs~ file as well.

> This behavior is different from every QGIS version up to at least 2.18 that I
> have used, for at least the last 5 years.  Why has this changed?

We are still at 2.4 and the backup file was introduced in November 2013.

> Could it be put back like it was? Does anybody have a workaround?  Is there a
> switch somewhere to put the temp file in another subdirectory (I did a casual
> search for this but couldn't find one)?

What's the problem with having a second backup copy?

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden