[Qgis-developer] Map composer: map updates

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jul 25 07:06:10 PDT 2014

Hi Paolo,

There is a difference between "cache" and "render":

If you zoom in / navigate in the print composer layout and your mode is
"render" the map will be re-rendered at higher resolution while in
"cache" mode the map stays pixelated. It also means that the "render"
mode will get slower the more you zoom in in your layout whereas the
"cache" mode stays fast.

As to your issue:

For me personally there is no need to sync the main canvas and the print
composer after updates in the main map canvas. At print time the map is
re-rendered anyway. So really a very, very minor annoyance. There are
much more annoying issues in QGIS in my opinion. Just my opinion.

Andreas