[Qgis-developer] Pyqgis :2.2 : link between a signal and an event

dandrigo lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Tue Jul 29 11:02:34 PDT 2014

I'm writing a pyqgis 2.2 plugin with qgis 2.2 I succeeded in accessing and
displaying vector data (geometries & attributes). I succeed also to create a
'beforecomitechanges' signal ( emitted, before changes are commited to the
data provider). Thus a message has appeared into qgis logwindow ("comit
change" label) after editing operations and before commiting toward the dp).
Please read following piece of code allowing to do that:
def beforeLayerCommitChange(self):

       QgsMessageLog.logMessage( "commit change" )
       QApplication.beep()

layer.beforeCommitChanges.connect(self.beforeLayerCommitChange)
Now I would like to generate others signals. i would like generate the
displaying of information messages (number of features that have been
added,modifyied,deleted, the id of the features which have been modified,
the name of the layer..).

COuld you throw light for me ? THanks.