[Qgis-developer] Error in LizMap printing

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:19:03 PDT 2014

>> I'm still convinced that this is mainly a packaging problem.
>
> but for which distribution? Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Redhat, SuSE,
> Windows, OSX? That's a lot of work for relatively few users on each
> platform.
>
> I don't think that installing any other geoserver (Geoserver, UMN,
> ArcGIS) is much easier. Maybe the documentation and tutorials are better
> - but installation - is this really a problem?

I don't know about Geoserver and ArcGIS but UMN Mapserver CGI  works
out of the box on debian/ubuntu after an apt-get install

> Everybody has different ideas how to organize files, configs, etc.
> Probably you wouldn't like my defaults and vice versa.

Sure, but this is true for all web applications. The packagers usually
provide minimal and sensible defaults to get started with a working
CGI server.

> But as I said - if someone wants to provide packages for a specific
> platform - he/she is welcome.

I believe this is a task for package maintainers.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it