[Qgis-developer] Legend refactoring branch merged

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Jun 3 05:42:30 PDT 2014

Le 02/06/2014 17:36, Martin Dobias a écrit :
> Hi Hugo
>
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:13 PM, Hugo Mercier <hugo.mercier at oslandia.com> wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> Le 21/05/2014 19:11, Martin Dobias a écrit :
>>> Hi everyone
>>>
>>> I have just merged the first part of the legend refactoring work to
>>> master [1]. It does not really bring any new features for the end
>>> user, the changes are mainly under the hood. Things should ideally
>>> work as before, if not then probably it is a bug.
>>>

>> Thanks for all the great work.
>>
>> When adding a new layer, the behaviour used to be that the new layer was
>> placed on top of the active layer. It is not the case anymore if I am
>> correct.
>
> Works for me exactly as expected - new layer is placed on top of the
> active layer.

After some more tests, it seems to happen when a layer is first removed.
To reproduce :
* start from a blank project,
* add a new layer,
* add another layer,
* remove the newly added,
* add another layer => it will be placed at the bottom, and if you do it
again, on top, and then at the bottom, etc.

>> When passing a list of layers in a certain order to
>> QgsMapCanvas::setLayerSet(), the obtained order seems random (from
>> Python). Is it wanted ? (not sure if it was already the case before your
>> changes)
>
> I am not sure if I understand what you mean.... order obtained from
> where? from map canvas?

Say, from a Python plugin, if you want to reorder layers rendered on the
map canvas. But what I observed might be linked to the previous issue.