[Qgis-developer] Changing colours of SVGs

custard custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 3 06:47:41 PDT 2014

On 03/06/14 21:04, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> According to
> http://www.sourcepole.com/svg-symbols-in-qgis-with-modifiable-colors
> to make it possible to change the colour of SVG symbols, a special syntax should be used.
> Of course nobody wants to rewrite his symbols, so the question is: is there a
> (semi)automatic way to convert symbols and make their colours modifiable?
> It would be useful to make all current symbols modifiable, as well as adding new ones.
> I attach a couple of examples.
> All the best, and thanks.

Hi Paolo,

I'm not sure that those are proper svg. They look like svg wrapped
around something binary (a png?). I didn't know that was legal.

Either way they're lacking the "fill", "stroke", and "stroke-width"
parameters that the sourcepole post needs to make things editable.

I did up a little shell script that worked on the examples I had, but
given your examples I need to play with it a bit because it should fail
for our examples better than it does. I can put that up somewhere if
people are interested.

-ramon.