[Qgis-developer] Changing colours of SVGs

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jun 3 07:07:26 PDT 2014

On 03-06-14 15:50, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 03/06/2014 15:47, custard ha scritto:
>
>> I'm not sure that those are proper svg. They look like svg wrapped around something
>> binary (a png?). I didn't know that was legal.

Hi Paolo,

yours are probably bad examples. These svg files have raster images
encapsulated, which is ok for svg, but I do not think you can ever
change color of those on the fly...

what you probably mean are true vector svg symbols, on those you can add
attributes to certain vector parts. Most symbols I find now in source
tree already have this attributes.

If you want to have the examples you have as true svg vectors they can
off course be vectorized.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde