[Qgis-developer] dash in plugin folder name = big problems

Hugo Ledoux h.ledoux at tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 3 07:34:42 PDT 2014

Greetings,

as described there (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3145), plugins cannot
have dashes in their folder name. I understand that this is related to
Python and not specifically to QGIS. However, the issue is that we are
asked to upload our plugin, so I created a temp folder (yes with a
dash) copied the relevant files that were asked and uploaded the ZIP.
In your system, the name of the plugin is not the name given in the
metadata.txt but the name of the folder inside the ZIP.

I simply suggest that you add a warning on the plugin help page, that
would be helpful to others since tracking the error is not that
simple.

Cheers,
Hugo