[Qgis-developer] spatial joins and select by location should not consider polygons than only touch

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 09:42:36 PDT 2014

I've done some testing with fTools' spatial join and select by location
tools.
Whatever the geometry type it uses the "intersects" operator, which is true
even if geometries only touch.

I've patched my own version to distinguish the case the input layer (to be
selected) is a linear or polygonal layer. In that case I check if
"overlaps" or "contains" are true, but I reject the case the geometries
only touch. I keep the single intersects operator in case of points.

If you agree with the logic (I don't want to select or join geometries that
only touch) I will submit a pull request.

giovanni

--
Giovanni Allegri
http://about.me/giovanniallegri