[Qgis-developer] Legend refactoring branch merged

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:15:55 PDT 2014

Hi Tim

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi
>

> Another regression / change in behaviour between legend in 2.x and master is
> that layers added in python are not focussed in the legend. This breaks some
> of our InaSAFE stuff that expects this behaviour.
>
> Good:
>
> http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/14/0604/h_1401898037_8549074_84a270face.png
>
> Bad:
>
> http://storage9.static.itmages.com/i/14/0604/h_1401898084_4943485_004d455ff0.png

I think this behaviour can be added, but maybe it is not a good idea
to rely on the fact that newly added layer is set as current. The
behaviour wasn't documented anywhere, so it could be changed without
any prior notice. Also, there could be various circumstances when this
assumption may be wrong - e.g. plugins doing changes to the current
layer. Finally, even in 2.2, if the user enables "Add new layers to
selected or current group" and the selection is on a group, there will
be no change of selection, so likely breaking that part of InaSAFE
code too.

Martin