[Qgis-developer] Opinion on plugin named prepair (and possible likes)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jun 6 00:35:44 PDT 2014

Il 06/06/2014 00:49, Kari Salovaara ha scritto:

> Conclusions
>
> Plugin is useful and thus very acceptable, but
> - it can be installed only by person who knows what to do, those people who do
> digitizing are not always programmers (very seldom)
> - to tell where the actual workhorse is situated is quite clumsy way to use it even
> the plugin remembers the site (but only in that same session), this should developed
> to some settings. Now You find it once and write it on paper not to need to find it
> again etc. otherwise you spend time and possibility to make error?.
>
> - these kind of plugins should be marked always as experimental and with this I mean
> all similar "need-to-be-compiled" plugins

Hi Kari,
thanks a lot for your review. I agree, it could be better marking it as experimental
for now. Please let me know if someone objects.
I think once the plugin is well tested, we'll have to add the exe to the standalone
installer for Windows. In the meantime I'm trying to have it on Debian. If someone
can do the same for OSX, that would be great.
For specific issues, please use the bugtracker.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html