[Qgis-developer] Realease and blockers

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 03:30:23 PDT 2014

On 06/06/2014 8:20 pm, "Vincent Picavet" <vincent.ml at oslandia.com> wrote:

> Could we make a more visible RC release on the website, encouraging
testing ?

> I think that our user are not used yet to our new release cycle. We really
> should educate them, and lower the barrier to RC testing and bug
reporting. As
> for now, even installing the RCs is complicated, so is bug reporting.

I don't think the issue is just bug reporting for a RC though. As
mentioned, we've already got a very long blocker list, which is still
growing.

I think a bigger issue is development resources and developer's time
availability. At the current rate of bug closing we're very likely to still
have a large number of these issues outstanding at the end of the month.

I'm in favor of a longer freeze period for next release.

Nyall