[Qgis-developer] Realease and blockers

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Fri Jun 6 04:57:51 PDT 2014

While testing and reporting is important without a doubt, the currently
outstanding issues could be fixed easily by the end of the month as soon
as resources are available.

The main point is, that we should start improving where there is the
biggest effect - and that's paid bugfixing time. There are some
extremely capable and effective core devs available for this job as has
been proven in the past.

That means: go out, tell your neighbours and social media buddies and
customers about the RC and testing. But if you want the bugs they report
to be fixed, make sure that there's somebody taking care of them. The
main problems normally are not the bugs not found while testing, but the
ones not fixed before the release. This in turn also means that I don't
think a two months bugfixing period will improve a lot. If there's two
months with developers spending time on other projects because there's
no funding available for bugfixing we haven't won anything.

Regards,
Matthias