[Qgis-developer] Trouble compiling QGIS on Ubuntu Server

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 10 07:10:39 PDT 2014

Hi,

I was able to solve the problems.

Seems like only environment variables set by SetEnv in
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/env.conf are respected.

Variables set in /etc/apache2/envvars or with the FcgidInitialEnv
parameter in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/fcgid.conf seem to be ignored.
Very strange.

My Apache does not behave like described in the documentation. The only
way to ensure that environment variables are seen by fcgid apps seems to
be SetEnv in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/env.conf

Maybe this helps someone who migrates from 12.04 to 14.04.

Andreas