[Qgis-developer] Please give us more time for testing and bugfixing

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 18 23:28:34 PDT 2014

Hi,

I hate to be the one asking for it - but I think we need more time for
testing and bugfixing.

We have a very good release feature wise - but there are still a number
of rather severe or annoying bugs to fix (some of them haven't even been
reported yet).

One month is not enough time for testing and bugfixing. People are not
always in the office, then obviously the bugs can't be immediately fixed.

I would propose to have two more weeks for stabilizing things.

Yesterday we had the Swiss QGIS user meeting. We had workshops with QGIS
master. While the features are great, there were still some issues that
need to be addressed. I took notes but did not have the time to do the
bug reports. Will do that today. I would hate to have a release with
these issues not addressed.

Andreas