[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Re: Datum Transformation - parameters for mainland Portugal

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 07:36:25 PDT 2014

Hi again Andre and Marco,

I've been investigating and the latest version of EPSG database (v8.4) already incorporates a lot of changes compared to the datum_shift.csv from gdal.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zXOrRzPK1SugNQ3AMZSF3P3jGnw2ZgDt-9k_jFHcIDU/edit?usp=sharing

>>  @pedro: I really would encourage you to get this into the EPSG database
>>  as soon as possible

Please take a look here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16FA-X3vkXHeOGPG9dXbIi5HPvUK3AdD_q-h6BwsBRWY/edit?usp=sharing

And with transformatio parameters:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nBjWKjmz8MoRrQ9J2FAvUMumDMCYOMrbTftyKwvz7OU/edit?usp=sharing

Is almost everything updated with same parameters that I've provided. The only difference is in tfm 1988.

As you can see, the most recent parameters (green background) use as TARGET_CRS_CODE 4258, but to use "+towgs84", we need to put 4326 as TARGET_CRS_CODE, right? If yes, we can not use the various codes exactly as provided in the EPSG database. We need to adapt them.

Regarding the transformations marked as deprecated (red background), I really think they can be dropped.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Pedro