[Qgis-developer] Are there convenience functions to do bilinear or cubic raster sampling?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Jun 24 10:32:07 PDT 2014

Thanks everyone for your answers!

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But, you can have such functionality through processing or via plugins (e.g.
>> Raster Interpolation).

True, but I would like to expand my profile from line script with
these interpolation methods so using other tools is not really an
option.

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 7:46 AM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are QgsBilinearRasterResampler and QgsCubicRasterResampler
> classes for bilinear/cubic resampling used for raster rendering. As of
> now they operate only on the whole raster image, not with individual
> points.

Exactly, something like those raster classes but working on individual
points would be great to have in core and in the python API. Do you
think this is a lot of work or is the raster code reusable?

Should I open feature requests for this?

Best wishes,
Anita