[Qgis-developer] QGIS Crash - Serious problem in 2x

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Wed Jun 25 01:54:33 PDT 2014

Hi

Am 24.06.2014 17:37, schrieb AntonioLocandro:
> My two cents, just add/leave the possibility to add a scale bar in m, km, Nm,
> whatever unit. Let the user decide if it's right or wrong.

+1

> A simple and
> effective solution is to provide a message stating that scale bars in other
> units than degrees are not accurate or something along that line, mainly
> just as a reminder for people that may forget the data is unprojected when
> in composer

if a scale bar is accurate or not depends on the projection and size of
area (and unit if unit != degree and projection = EPSG:4326 (and maybe
some others)), so the scalebar may (almost) _always_ be suitable or not
so this message must be always visible.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 9997 (20140625) __________

http://www.eset.com