[Qgis-developer] Release plans

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Thu Jun 26 12:25:28 PDT 2014

Hi All,
I agree with Denis and Nathan on the general idea, and also with Paolo on
"don't change things on day before".
 From a user point of view, I can live 2.2 behaviour, since I already have
seen what "release" meant for qgis project in 2.2.  But, I think 2.6 should
go to a more common definition of "release", ie package release.

Do we have download stats of packages to clarify the minimum list of package
to include in that release? To me , Windows, Ubuntu and MacOS should be the
minimal list. Advanced users of other distros are much more accustomed with
compiling process and are probably better understanding the difference
between source code and package .

you're doing all great work, don't let the pressure rise ;-).
 Sorry for not having been able to support the final debug, release and
translation process that time... Hope I'll find a way to do that in the
future.
Régis