[Qgis-developer] Release plans

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 23:58:36 PDT 2014

Probably the keypoint of this discussion are the different point of views
on what the dev community consider the final point of a development cycle.
Some consider it the source ball and the packaging a plus. Others include
the packages themselves (in their mindset).

I don't want to open a discussion on this but I think that a project like
QGIS, which is extending its user base, cannot consider that the majority
of its users even don't know how a software is made. And I don't blame
them, as I don't know the intricacies of the smartphone I'm writing on
right know.

If the problem is convincing people to donate to support the complete
lifecycle of the project well, this is a different point, but I don't think
we will get there hoping they understand what's under the job of releasing
a ready to go package...

giovanni