[Qgis-developer] SOSI support in QGIS

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Jun 27 02:50:47 PDT 2014

Hi Larry,

Tanks for having a look at this.

I shall send you the file off-list…

Cheers
Stefan

From: larry at shafferinteractive.com [mailto:larry at shafferinteractive.com] On Behalf Of Larry Shaffer
Sent: 27. juni 2014 11:37
To: Blumentrath, Stefan
Cc: Stott, James; qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] SOSI support in QGIS

Hi James,
Can you share the dataset from Miljødirektoratet that you are testing? I can't get Google to translate the pages to English.

Regards,

Larry

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:43 AM, Blumentrath, Stefan <Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no<mailto:Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no>> wrote:
>So it Works for Mac and Linux users?
Yes, seems to work there.

>Does this work with the installer download of QGIS for Windows? I havent actually tried that.
I doubt it, since the installer is also built based on OSGeo4W, if I am not mistaken.

>Is it possible to drop it for just Windows users?
No idea. Any developer / packager who would be willing to help us tracing down the problem on Win? Since a fix would be the best solution...

>I just think we will end up with a lot of users (especially as Windows will possbily be the most used platform) who will get frustrated that they cant open these files despite it looking like they should be able to. Better to wait until 2.6 in my opinion.
>This is a shame as we now have a nearly complete Norwegian translation in place for 2.4, so SOSI support and a translation are two very good arguements for adopting QGIS here.
I see your point...

Cheers
Stefan