[Qgis-developer] CMake error from QGIS 2.4.0 in Windows 7

korash korash0922 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:46:05 PDT 2014

Hi, I am trying to compile qgis 2.4.0 in Windows 7 for Visual Studio 10.

I have been trying to set up all the required dependencies with CMake 3.0.
And I have been able to link all the dependencies by using OSGeo4W, even
though there are lots of missing instructions on qgis website for Windows
installation.

But, now I am getting error saying below:

   CMake Error at cmake/FindSIP.cmake:54 (MESSAGE):
     Could not find SIP
   Call Stack (most recent call first):
     CMakeLists.txt:569 (FIND_PACKAGE)

I installed SIP from OSGeo4W, but it seems like cmake cannot find the link.
I looked at some archives, some previous posts were saying, in general this
error is coming from when we are missing "python-sip-dev". But, OSGeo4W only
provides "sip" which might mean that "sip" should work. I think the current
sip from OSGeo4W includes python-sip-dev too.

If this is the case, how can I resolve this error issue?

Thanks in advance.

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5148825/CmakeError.png>