[Qgis-developer] Sale dependent visibility

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Mar 2 03:52:37 PST 2014

Hi,

With the discussions around UX, layer properties import/export I also
want to question whether the "Scale dependent visibility" property
really belongs into the "General" tab of the layer properties or rather
in the "Style" tab. I personally would prefer the "Style" tab.

BTW: there is also the long-standing feature wish being able to have
multiple scale ranges per layer with different filtering, styles and
labeling for each scale range. Autodesk Map3D offers such functionality
where each layer property related to labeling and styling can have
multiple scale ranges.

This is somehow possible with rules and data-defined styling (with
expressions) - but it is neither very easy to do, nor does it generate a
proper legend, nor do you get a good overview of the style settings if
you go this route.

Andreas