[Qgis-developer] virtual fields

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 3 07:16:11 PST 2014

Hi Denis,

I proposed this a couple of years ago:
http://osdir.com/ml/qgis-user-gis/2011-07/msg00313.html

But no-one dared to implement it until now.

Meanwhile the expressions are almost like "virtual columns" - but for
some purposes it would still be good to have (e.g. in forms, for QGIS
server outputting calculations, etc.). I can also see virtual columns
that are aggregates of linked tables (e.g. the sum/min/max of linked
records).

So I would also like to support such a development if someone wants to
do the work.

Andreas