[Qgis-developer] SQL Injection vulnerability

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 10:49:21 PST 2014

AFAIK in a SLD style should never be put a direct sql string.
The SQL is at datasource level for dataset filter and this is a question
outside from the style.

In the style should be put only some filter for classifications.
This is more affordable with the CQL rather than SQL.

Apart from this,
in the SQL the more suitable character for sql injection is the ; char

The ; char is the break for every command and so
it allow some trick.

As example:

string= ";delete from <name-table>;"
with the ; ias first char is capable usually to do work this string also
in a system where it
is is a concatenation in

'select * from table-2 where (' || string || ');'

it became:

'select * from table-2 where ( ;delete from <name-table>; );'

a dbms that try to execute this will do an error of-course, because

select * from table-2 where ( ;

is an error, but after this it could execute the

delete from <name-table>;

and this is not an error.

my 2 ct.

Andrea.