[Qgis-developer] IntraMaps Roam first release - Windows QGIS Data Collection

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 22:32:42 PST 2014

Hi everyone,

Just dropping a quick email out to let everyone know about a project I have
been working on the last couple of months.

Digital Mapping Solutions, and myself, would like to announce the first
version of IntraMaps Roam - a simple, but flexible, Windows based data
collection application built using Python and QGIS.

IntraMaps Roam (or Roam for short) is a standalone, fully bundled, Python
application that was created to do data collection with a QGIS backend.
 For those of you who have seen my QMap project I started a year or so ago
you can consider this a reincarnation of that project. Most of the code has
been reworked and using the QGIS libs gave me full flexibility in layout.

The release page can be found at
https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/releases/tag/v2.0 and the wiki with all the
information to get started at: https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/wiki You can
also take a look at the FAQ for the common questions:
https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/wiki/FAQ

Roam has been a great exercise in using and bundling QGIS libs with a
Python application.

As Roam is based on PyQt and QGIS it is under the GPL2 license. Pull
requests are welcome.

Links:
- https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/releases/tag/v2.0
- https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam/wiki