[Qgis-developer] My God: plugin palette disappeared :(

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Mar 7 05:07:06 PST 2014

Hi

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Geo DrinX <geodrinx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> this morning I had a bad surprise in my QGis 2.2 64 bit  on  Windows 7 :
>
> the plugin palette disappeared, and there is no way to find it, or to make
> it reappear.
>

> Someone other had same problem ?
>
> I have seen in   View > Tools  >  Plugins   checkbox, but it is checked  (
> ON ).
>
> I have also seen in  "Impostazioni" > "Personalizzazione"  (sorry, my QGis
> is in italian...)  and  "Toolbars"  "mPluginToolBar"   is also ON.
>
> But,  the plugin toolbar  is not shown, in any place.
>
> I moved all other Toolbar, to search if the Plugins toolbar was hidden
> under another.   No.   It is probably in the "HiperSpace"   :)
>

> Also, I tried to re-install completely  QGis 2.2.  :   nothing changed.
>

> Could somebody help me.    Need I to switch to some other Arc program   ?
>   ;)
>
> I am joking, but I don't know how to use QGis, now,   also to test my own
> plugins  :(

What is a plugin palette? Do you mean the toolbar?

Can you provide a screenshot of your running QGIS.

Have you tried right clicking on the blank space in the toolbar area and
checking if it is enabled.

Did you maybe accidentally drag it and drop it somewhere and it is
displaying in compressed mode?

I'm not sure if your life will be any better in Arc* :-P

Regards

Tim

> Thank you for any help
>
> Roberto

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net