[Qgis-developer] Backport necessary fixes to release-2_2 branch?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Mar 10 10:50:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

After recent discussions, it was my understanding that...

* we could backport necessary fixes to the release-2_2 branch
* there would be no point release, or even additional tagging, only an
available source branch

Am I correct?

If not, are we really expected to maintain a set of external patch files
for packagers willing to roll out these fixes?

What about automatic installers that can pull directly off of that branch,
e.g. Homebrew on Mac? Surely those maintainers aren't expected to track and
maintain a set of externally hosted patch files for those as well.

Regards,

Larry