[Qgis-developer] User profiles

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Mon Mar 17 02:19:30 PDT 2014

Hello,

Le lundi 17 mars 2014 09:57:00, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
> The idea is not new, but now may be the right time to discuss it again: I
> think usability of QGIS for several specialized uses (e.g. field work,
> digitizing, etc.) would be enhanced if it would be possible to load one of
> a series of preset profiles. In short I suggest to:
> * store not only icon Customization, as it is already possible, but also
> menu bars toggling and placement

+ plugin list if possible, with installed and activated plugins.
+ icon sets

> * prepare, with the help of power users, a series of profiles
> * ship them along with main QGIS.
> Opinions?

I personnaly think it is a great idea. It would actually be even better if
users could create their own toolbars and save/share them.

Integrating UI custom settings sharing into the (future) django-powered QGIS
resource sharing site would be great too.

Vincent