[Qgis-developer] What about QGis on Raspberry PI ... ?

rdmailings at duif.net rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Mar 18 00:07:52 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 07:02:49PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:

> There's no other reason it won't work.
>
> On 03/17/2014 05:35 PM, Geo DrinX wrote:
> > This is also interesting :
> >
> > http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-RaspberryPi

Mmm, but that is Qt5 isn't it? QGIS is still on Qt4?

while a very nice project, I'm not sure if the user experience will be
ok on this low end (for X) devices. For example running a 'normal' webbrowser
(other then Midori), already makes me pull my hair out..
On the other side: it is a very nice platform to make automated field work
devices.

But plz try and show us, and make me look a conservative fool :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde