[Qgis-developer] WMS load regression in 2.2

Luca Manganelli luca76 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 06:21:07 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Have you made a change to your WMS server? I can't replicate this -
> for me loading the server in 2.2  32 bit only takes a few seconds.
>
> However, I suspect that you may be encountering an issue I ran into
> with connections to a WMS with many layers. This was fixed in
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/99d030d67594766c5acb452adb84cc0f803f201d
> . I'm planning on backporting this fix to the 2.2 branch too so it
> will be included in any potential 2.2 point releases.
>
> Are you able to test with the current master dev version and report
> your findings?

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I tested QGIS 2.3 dev and I can assure you that ALL of WMS slowness
problems are gone!

The commit in your email regards the WMS layers list in the connection
window; but there is also the WMS loading slowness (when you add it from
connection window). In 2.0 and 2.3 WMS loading takes 2-3 seconds, while 2.2
takes 1 minute!

Can you backport  the entire WMS code from 2.3 ?

Thank you!
   Luca