[Qgis-developer] Want a stable, bug free release?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 25 06:40:21 PDT 2014

Hi all.
QGIS core team is committed to provide everyone the best possible free,
libre, open source GIS. In this complex process, there are areas that
are more difficult to cover with either volunteer or contract work,
especially:
* bugs fixing
* backporting bugfixes, and
* packaging and releasing minor, bugfixed versions.
Our first experiments, drawing from our funds from sponsors and donors
to support ad hoc work from core developers, was a clear success (tens
of bugs fixed immediately before the release of QGIS 2.2).
In order to make this effort sustainable over the long term, we need
more resources. Please consider supporting us, by directly hiring a
developer or by sponsoring the project. We believe this is in your best
interest, especially for corporate and institutional users, as it will
allow us to release cleaner versions, with far lesser bugs.
Please do not hesitate writing the list, or to me directly, in case you
are interested.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

on behalf of QGIS Project Steering Committee