[Qgis-developer] Debugging Python plugin with Eclipse: breakpoints do not wotk

Franz1965 fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH
Tue Mar 25 07:36:03 PDT 2014

giohappy wrote
> I usually do it without using the QGIS remote debugger.
> http://pydev.org/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html
> giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

Many thanks for help, it works :)

But... it seems that, with this approach, dynamic breakpoints are replaced
by static calls of pydevd.settrace() written into code. I'm right?... This
can be good for simple scenario, but with complex code it could be tricky to
statically write pydevd.settrace() wherever you suppose to need a break.

So... that's a very good starting point for me, but I still need to fix
RemoteDebug (and use breakpoints) for developing scenario I would like to
open in the future.

Best regards

Francesco