[Qgis-developer] QGIS server space

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 27 00:03:35 PDT 2014

On 27-03-14 03:45, Alex Mandel wrote:
> So Nathan noticed the website wasn't coming up. Specifically
> "The requested URL /en/site/ was not found on this server."
>
> I believe the issue is disk space. I'm guessing the sphinx is built
> elsewhere and transferred in on a schedule without checking how much
> space is left on the server. I got to this conclusion by noticing that
> other languages are working fine.

Yep disk was full again. Site is still being build on the same server,
and ends with a move/relink/remove-old step (apparently even when the
build process died in the middle)... Have to fix that.

Fact that only english was affected was because only english and polish
(new) was being rebuild...

> Looking at the space:
> There are 10G of backups in various places, all current
> There's also 6G of apache logs of various sorts. We should find
> somewhere to archive things over a few months old.

Thanks for that. Untill now we moved plugins.qgis.org to new server, but
are waiting for some time to remove old one.
I'm also trying to clean up now.

> Temporarily I'm moving all *.gz files in /var/log/apache2 over to the
> osgeo downloads machine in my user home folder. Frees up 1.5 GB, leaves
> last 2 logs for all services intact (ie log and log.1)

Thanks again, we need a plan for this.

> I did not touch the www_qgis.org folder inside apache2.

English is up again now.

Thanks.

Regards,

Richard