[Qgis-developer] IntraMaps Roam - Linux version

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 04:39:09 PDT 2014

Hey all,

Just thought I would anyone know who has been following my Roam project
that I have started to work on making it run in Linux too, and then OS X
with help.

You can find the in progress code here:
https://github.com/NathanW2/Roam/tree/linux

I'm am not a Linux expert so any help or advice would been welcome.

Download the source and first run: ./linux_build.sh  You will need the PyQt
dev tools installed and it assumes QGIS is in /usr/

After the UI files are built you can run ./run_linux-config.sh to load the
config manger to create a project and forms.

Run ./run_linux.sh to launch Roam itself.

Here is a screenshot from me running it last night on Ubuntu
http://i.imgur.com/SrBPlai.png

Most things should work however there might be some stuff that still needs
updating, I'll fix them as we go.

Regards,
Nathan