[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 Dufour API Doc and 2.2 Valmiera API Docs out of sync with actual syntax?

mmekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 14:22:39 PDT 2014

I found a few places where the syntax of the API documentation says something
and the application telling another story.
One of these inconsistencies happens to be the on geometry query to find the
closest vertex,
 QgsGeometry.closestVertex (const QgsPoint &point, int &atVertex, int
&beforeVertex, int &afterVertex, double &sqrDist)

The new syntax is  QgsGeometry.closestVertex (const QgsPoint &point) and
returns a list with the rest of the other details. It is quite possible that
C++ is like this one and Python is different. I remember the C++ version was
as given in the docs. But I have not used the new version C++ recently and
am wondering if you guys have noticed differences.

I also think there are other places where changes are not reflected in the
docs. I am willing to help update if no one is able to get to it.

Thank you,

Maaza

-----
Maaza Christos, PhD