[Qgis-developer] GDAL 1.11 new formats

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri May 16 13:51:38 PDT 2014

Hi Larry,

I tried now with QGIS 2.3 nightly build (2.3.0-81) in OSGeo4W.
When I try to open a SOSI file in QGIS I still get the “Invalid Source” error message.
The gdal-sosi-plugin package in OSGeo4W is built against GDAL 1.10. Can that be a problem? Will I have to rebuild the plugin against GDAL 1.11 in order to make it accessible for QGIS (ogrinfo --format lists SOSI).
Or is the solution to install OSGeo4W from scratch?

Any other ideas?

Cheers
Stefan