[Qgis-developer] Cannot install libqgis_customwidgets.so

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon May 19 09:08:00 PDT 2014

On 19-05-14 17:08, Radim Blazek wrote:
> I am getting:
>
> CMake Error at src/customwidgets/cmake_install.cmake:68 (FILE):
>   file INSTALL cannot copy file
>   "/home/radim/devel/qgis/build/output/lib/libqgis_customwidgets.so.2.3.0" to
>   "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/designer/libqgis_customwidgets.so.2.3.0".
>
> it seems to ignore CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Hi Radim,

I had the same problem. It has something to do with the customwidgets
from QGIS. Actually making them available for designer.

It is just changed from default not install to default install it.
But (as you) I install only locally, so am not allowed to install .so
files into the directory.

So I ran 'sudo make install', BUT then you get another problem: there is
a new dependecy now on qgis.gui module (which I do not have globally) so
this breaks your pyqt. So I would not do this.

Denis is aware of the problem, and looking for a solution.

(For me part of the solution would be to NOT default do this
installation into my global system.)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde