[Qgis-developer] Plugin Upload

Kris kris.hammerberg at gmail.com
Thu May 22 02:53:39 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I'm trying to upload my first plugin to:
http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/add/

I keep getting the following error:

There were errors reading plugin package (please check also your plugin's
metadata). Package name must start with an ASCII letter and can contain
ASCII letters, digits and the signs '-' and '_'.

My package name is "DEMTools" and I've checked the plugin's metadata file,
but everything looks to be in order. This error message doesn't give me a
lot to go on and I've never uploaded a plugin before. Are there some common
issues I should look for or is there some detailed guide to creating a
plugin package for *upload*.
(I don't need help with creating the plugin just uploading it to the Plugin
Repository. I used Plugin Builder to create the plugin and it runs fine on
my local machine.)

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Kris