[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] [Plugin presentation] LayerBender

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 27 09:41:04 PDT 2014

On 05/27/2014 09:15 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 27/05/2014 18:09, Olivier Dalang ha scritto:
>> I'd also find it nice to unify all georeferencing tools under one UI. But to me, the
>> current georeferencer is a bit annoying to use (you always have to move the window
>> around, and can't use all the normal qgis tools on the points pairs), still I don't
>> believe the UI of VectorBender will convince everyone neither...
>
> Agreed. The raster georef is oldish, and would need some love. The rater+vector
> unification would be a good chance for it.
> All the best.

Right I was actually hoping you could make your method an option for
Rasters too. We should still retain the current window but it should be
optional to switch between the methods since there's are positives to
both ways of doing it. But I agree that it should be easier to dock the
window for side by side comparisons, or use your method where the
unreferenced image can be free floated next to the real data.

I expect for ogr2ogr that you can start with a wrapper the same way
gdaltools works. Long run of course it should be possible via the API to
use GDAL more directly.

Thanks,
Alex